You are my dad.
When I was a kid,
I looked up to you
I thought you were a great example.
Then came up a different side to yourself
What I thought was my role model, was actually something else.
Faith started drifting away
like a golden leaf flowing down stream.
I pondered about myself, but mostly about you.
Where did that true fatherly figure that I looked up at dissipate to?
Things started to fall apart
I wondered where my life was taking me
Time goes by like people on a busy street
It never stops moving, everyone keeps on going.
I learned to keep on going on... moving on...
Memories flow gently as a song
Good and bad
Over time I may have seen the light
I am willing to build up the trust once again...
I forgive you for your mistakes...
Nobody's perfect... as we are all humans.
It is the imperfections that make life worthwhile.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten